If you’re like me, the “TI” calculator pretty much got me through high school. So naturally we were a bit excited to see this new emulator app for the “TI-89”. Yes, that right…all of the TI-89 goodness is available; it will just take a little work on your end to get it working. But don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
Of course, there have been issues with other apps that have shown up in the market (primarily with intellectual property rights, etc.), so who knows how long this one will stick around. Nevertheless, if you are in need of the some “TI-89” awesomeness…then proceed.
Officially, the app is called “Graph89” and here are the download instructions:
- Download the “Graph 89” app from the market here (do not open yet)
- Download your own copy of the TI Operating System from the Texas Instruments website here, save to your phone or SD card memory
- After you’ve downloaded the app and the OS, open up the app and read the instructions. You should see a screen that looks like this:
- Next, select the “menu” option (for my GNex it is at the bottom right of the screen, your phone may be different)
- Now, select “Load ROM”
- After you’ve loaded the ROM, the app will probably auto-close
- Just go to your App menu and select the “Graph 89” icon and enjoy the TI-89 awesomeness
Big thanks to the guys at Android Police the heads up on this one.